My daughter, I am glad you have come.
Do not worry about . . . it went well as I told you. And do not worry about this either, it will go away.
My daughter, always come to me. I know what will make you happiest, and I will give this to you. Do not ever assume that I have told you everything, or that there is nothing more I could tell you, because you do not know. And do not worry about writing something down just because it is mysterious. There are so many mysteries; even in the Church, there are things (people) do not understand. Trust in me; come to me, for I know the future, your future.
Your future will be filled with happiness, from sunrise to sunset. I will show you much other joy in the world. You shall be blessed, and those who harmed you will see, and be known . . . you will have victory at last. And the others on the earth who did good and need justice — they too shall be blessed, and rewarded . . .
And if you cannot hear me, call to your mother Mary.
On this day, many things will change, as I have told you. There will be a reversal, a change in daily life for all. Those who are wicked shall be shown, and those who are righteous shall be rewarded. Those who have suffered, especially in war, shall be healed. The hardships of poverty and war shall go, and those who suffer shall no more. I will reveal more soon. This day will be an important day for everyone on earth and in heaven. Families will reunite, and the families of those who died will be comforted by what they see and hear. They too shall rejoice. The displaced shall return to their homeland, and those taken hostage shall be set free. Humanity will see the world anew, and I will lead you.
My daughter . . . Trust in me, I shall lead you.
Do not worry . . . all shall go well, for those who put in a full effort shall be rewarded.
. . .
My daughter, I am always here. Even when you do not hear me, I am present. In the same way, when you receive the Eucharist, I am with you. Trust in me, and I will lead you. I will show you it is me through your inner instinct, your conscience. I will show you it is me by my voice; you know my voice, your Shepherd’s voice, and you know how the wolves sound. The wolf, the evil one, wants to frighten and make you believe that I do not have a plan or that he has a better one. Not only is his voice different but if it (the message) is ever distressing to you, it is not I.
Come to me through prayer, come to me through the Eucharist. Do not hesitate to come to me . . . Come to my home; you are invited, everyone is invited to this banquet. Do not be afraid to go; do not worry.
[Do you want me to go to Mass today?]
My daughter, never let anything hold you back from me. I told you to always come to me, especially when you are lost or lonely, through prayer. In the same way I invite you to come to me through the Mass. Do not be afraid to ask about it; I will not ask you to go (to Mass) every day. But now there is still enough time.
My daughter, do you have anything you want to ask me?
. . .
[Question about FTR]
Do not worry, my daughter, I will show you what to do or say and you need not be afraid of making ‘a mistake,’ I will not let you make an error in FTR . . . Individually, they (generally) mean well and are trying to do (generally, but not always) the right thing, to some extent. However, their group as a whole is not (always) pleasing to me. It is exclusive, and in FTR is yet another group inside a group. However, you do not have to do anything about this yet . . . do not worry, I will show you what to do; for all shall come clear soon.
If you have any more questions about FTR, do not hesitate to ask me; I will never leave you with nothing, and if I do not reveal it now, I will reveal it soon. If you do not know the answer, still come to me, and if you are unsure do not be afraid to ask me. I will guide those who come to me seeking guidance.
I will fulfill all I have promised in its time. I have not forgotten how much you want it, and
how much you and humanity need it. I know you would be in much sorrow and pain if it did not, and I will not fail to keep my promises. Keep waiting and trusting, for all shall be fulfilled.
Culture will fit into FTR, and the fact that there are people from all over the world, and that most do not know each other, is not all just a coincidence. I have chosen them. The people in it have a role, which I will later reveal and which I will give them if they accept.
. . .
My daughter, go in peace.
My daughter, I am with you. Never hesitate to come to me. There are many ways to come to me — through prayer and the Mass, through the sacraments and through fasting, as well as many other ways. If you want to come to me and come closer to me, you can. I am waiting for you and ready for you with open arms. I want you to be happy and rejoice; I care for and love you like no other. I want you to come to me and I want to show you the way to heaven. I will guide you if you follow and accept my plan. I have a plan for everyone, for their future. And if you pray about your future and want to make the right choice, you will. If you do not care or have motives which are wrong, I will show you in some way that you are not choosing correctly, though you may not follow.
I speak to people more than they know; I speak through their conscience, I speak through atmosphere, I speak through coincidence and the similarities or situation. I speak through friends and relatives, not always but sometimes to certain people and through blogs or messages. I speak through the Pope and the Church, I speak to everyone in different ways. I speak through the sunset and the sunrise, the moon and the sun, the lamb and the wolves. Do not ignore what is around you and what I am trying to tell you. I will always show you the right path; I will not let you make a choice by mistake that is displeasing to me. I will never leave you alone to fall. Even if you ignore the sun, even if you ignore the stars, even if you ignore the vibrant colours of my love through the sunset or the books that have any good in them, even if you ignore your friend’s advice, even if you ignore your mother’s warning and the sirens in the distance, I still have many other ways to show you. I will never ‘give up’ on you, for somewhere in you is a heart, a soft spot which is not meant to be hardened or tough; it is supposed to be a caring heart, a merciful heart and one which is young.
Do not assume I only spoke to the saints or only to the people long ago. Do not assume that now I cannot speak to people because now is now and it is now impossible. No, at the time I spoke to some saints, no one would have guessed, for they felt the way people do now. Do not dismiss the possibility of miracles happening at any time; I do not come only when all is peaceful and just. Could it not also be when humanity is most in danger and most ignoring me, when it is corrupt and sorrowful and my children are calling for help? This is a time when humanity is in need. I will straighten the injustice and make known the wicked. The good I shall bless and evil shall be banished. I will show my children that I love them and show them my mercy. Turn away from your evil deeds, and repent, for the time is coming when I will reveal who did wrong and never admit it, never repented. Come to me, I will greet you with open arms, I will hold you close to me, I will hold you and love you with the same love I held you with when you were yet a child, long ago.
My daughter, I am glad you came. Trust and believe, for all will be fulfilled in its time. I will come neither too early nor too late. It will be an at unexpected hour, but at the right one. Nothing will stop it from happening when it is supposed to; you will be ready and waiting, for I have told you and you have believed. I will come at a special hour, an hour and day which will never be forgotten in all of humanity. This will be a rebirth, a new chance and path for humanity.
All shall come together and stand in awe; all shall be there, and all will be amazed. They will see what they thought was impossible, and they shall hear what they never even imagined. Indeed, this day will be recognized and remembered through the ages throughout the world. Those who were there will always remember, and they will tell their children and their children’s children, and it will be passed down the generations. Those who could not hear will hear, and those who could not see will see the glory and love of God.
Heaven and earth shall be there, angels and archangels, saints, and prophets of old. When I come again, I will bring mercy and peace to the world. Mary, your mother, mother of the human race, mother of mercy, mother of the Church, she too shall be there. On this day, the world will change; life will change. Those who were faithful shall be blessed, and those who hurt me shall be revealed and no longer able to hurt and cause pain without being known. Some imagine being there on the day of crucifixion and scorn those who pierced me, and vow they would never hurt me, yet when you turn against me, you pierce my heart again.
On the day I come again, the valleys will blossom, and the deserts will flourish. Walls and borders dividing nations or countries shall crumble, and peace will come to earth. Weapons will go, and you shall embrace each other with open arms. This day will be remembered, remembered far beyond any other worldly event, and it will be remembered forever. It will be a special day, not only on earth but in heaven and all those still in purgatory will come to heaven on this day. My timing is perfect, and it shall be at the right time.
Much that was not previously understood in the Church will become clear or be revealed through me, but not all by me; (it will also be) through others, who I will show. The Church shall be recognized throughout the world and many will convert. The dismissal of religion will be addressed, and the ones who doubted me will see and feel me. They will feel my wounds and touch my side.
Justice shall come again and the corrupt shall vanish and the evil destroyed. The law shall be changed to be just, and the unjust rules which humanity set shall be broken.
On this day, all will see their angels, and they will know that they have one and understand. The sun and the moon shall be united, and the sky shall be painted as the rainbow. The Church will come to a new understanding and stage; a new light will be shone.
I will come and give you vindication; I will bring justice and truth. All who disbelieved will see, and all who told you it could not be shall be known. Those who long for me and pray for help shall be saved and healed.
. . .
My daughter … I love you. You are my daughter and I am your Father and Brother. Trust in me, for I will come again and the Word will be made flesh, as it was many years ago.
My daughter, I love you very much. You … are my daughter, whom I love and care for. Never be afraid to come to me; for the Father is merciful and he always wants his children to return.
Do not dismiss what you hear from me as false because you do not understand it. Do not worry about these messages (being posted onto blog) for they are being carefully read, and though no one admits to reading them, they also think that they (the messages) are mysterious and mystical. Do not worry, for it is not your writing or voice, it is mine, and no other’s.
. . .
You do not have to worry about trusting. If it is not meant to happen, I will always tell you . . . I will give you signs, but if you are ever unsure you can ask me. Never hesitate to trust and believe in me, for you shall be rewarded for your belief.
. . .
My daughter, do not worry. Today is a new day. You needn’t worry about anything . . . Remember that I said you do not have to worry, for it is I speaking to you and no other. Go in peace.
My daughter, do not be afraid or worried. Do not worry about the future. Do not think about how, if I did not give you what I have said I will, so much pain and sorrow would follow . . . No, I am here leading you up to the highest mountains and through the densest forests; I am here to guide you, and I am here to bring you courage to continue believing.
My daughter, do not worry . . . I will be with you all the way. Hold my heart close to your own and I will show you where to go.
. . . It will not be as difficult as you imagine. Do not worry, those who seek to find the truth will find it. Those who dig to find true gold will have it. Do not worry . . .
. . . I have chosen the people in it to accept it or reject it. I have chosen these people for this test. Those who want it and believe it will receive it, and those who disbelieve and do not want it or do not like part of it (something in it or someone in it), will not receive it . . . I reveal to you the thoughts and intentions, good or bad, and who is worthy or wanting to stay. I will show you who should come and go and who should or can come back for another try. I will not let something happen that is not supposed to or something to be revealed that should not come out yet. I deliver the words to them, let them hear what is meant for them to hear. Do not worry; I control FTR, and it is not you deciding. It is not something you should worry about.
My daughter, you will be very happy and the earth . . . also. Humanity will turn from its wicked ways, different kinds of evil than when I came years ago. They shall see the power of God and the love of their Father.
Many books will be destroyed and torn . . .
There will not be these mass killings or shootings, and peace will come. Justice and victories shall flood the earth.
. . . Wrong religious beliefs will be destroyed. Christian churches will be fixed and the synagogues as well. They shall be altered but not destroyed. I will come, and it will not be the last day, no; it will be the beginnings of a new world.
My people will suffer no longer, for their Savior will return.
Do not be afraid to read what you have written. It is from me and no other.
[Second Message, December 28, 2017]
My daughter, do not be afraid to come to me for any reason; I will never answer with nothing when you come to me. Never be afraid because you do not know the answer, for I will tell you.
[What about all the disproofs?]
My daughter, you will be greatly rewarded for your believing even after all of them. This is great suffering, a kind that I do not usually let happen. Those who continue after they receive disproof are rich in heart and truly faithful; they shall be blessed. For all your disproofs from people, you will receive proof, and you shall be victorious. You shall be rewarded, and it shall be known you trusted, even through the darkest of hours. The mysteries of the disproofs will be shown and all shall be shown.
. . .
My daughter, this I will show you and explain. Not yet is that time, but do not worry or give up, for the time is near when it shall be understood. I will not reveal the answer to this now, but do not stop trusting because of this. It does not mean you were not supposed to trust or that I abandoned you . . . My daughter, do not be distressed; I am always with you. It is not the way it seems. I will explain, but for now, continue to believe and follow.
. . .
The story with them is not yet over, and will not be over even after. The story will not end sadly, for I know how to end the saddest tales with a happy ending and how to turn the tragic tales into joyful ones. For I know what should happen in the fairy tales to the villager and the villain. I know what should happen to the villain to give victory to the good and yet to end happily for everyone. This tale will show how to end the fairy tale. They will realize their mistakes and see what they lost and have done. They will feel the sorrow they should and realize the damage and pain they caused and truly regret it. The case of … is different from the case of the other two, but will end well. You . . . will have victories regarding what you were deprived of . . . and you will receive justice.
Not all will be happy and forgotten — no, but there will be no lonely feeling of detachment or sorrow. I know what you want and how to end the story. I will make all well and victorious. Everything shall be perfect. You will be very happy, and I will make this too be not sorrowful.
Come back to me if you have any more thoughts or wonderings. Do not be afraid to come to me with any question, even if you think it is silly, or if you have asked many times, or if you do not know the answer. Come to me always and I will guide you.
[Third Message, December 28, 2017]
My daughter, you can come to me as many times as you like in one day; never be afraid to come to me two times or three. I want you to come to me, and I want you to ask me questions.
. . . will also come to Canada, as well as their family. They will live nearby . . . and you will see them often. Their parents will become better . . . The other children . . . will also be taken care of. These children I love; I will protect them and you will have time to see them when you want. They will be very happy.
. . .
[What about Sweden?]
Sweden will be very beautiful, and it will be filled with love and peace. The parts of it that are not beautiful or that are needing changes will be fixed and become beautiful. All who suffer from poverty will suffer no longer.
. . .
It is more important to pray. Come back to me tomorrow though, for I know you still have many questions and I will answer all of them.
My daughter, I am glad you came. Never be afraid to come to me, and let nothing dissuade you from coming to me. I love you; let me be your comfort, let me be your strength, let me be your shield and sword. I am your protection, your guide, your love, and your home. Rest in me, come to me, trust in me, be guided through me, follow me, love me, as I love you. I am your Creator, I am your Redeemer, come to me. Never be afraid to ask me, never be afraid to be with me. The evil one will try anything and everything to break you away from me. He will tempt you with what care about, what you’re interested in, or what you love. I want you to come to me. There are many ways of doing so, but through prayer especially come to me. I talk to you and through you. I talk to people through your voice and your words.
Never be afraid to ask me a question because you do not know the answer. I will tell you the answer, if not now, then later, and it is I, your Father and Brother, your Savior and Redeemer, who is telling you the answers, and no other. That which does not make sense will soon. I do not mind your questions, for as you want to know and are curious about some things, so are others. Those who ask questions are heard and answered. I hear your questions before you ask them; I want you to ask me the mysterious or the human questions. I want you to ask me, and I am happy to answer, for I am your teacher and your master . . . I want you to ask me about what worries you; I want you to ask me what you wonder, whether it be about the stars in the sky or the trees that grow high to the clouds, or whether dogs are in heaven and whether angels have feathered wings. Never be afraid to ask me; I will answer your questions. I will answer the questions of others through you. I will address your fears and pains; I will guide you and show you the way. I will show you and give you understanding; I will guide you and bring you peace.
[Are there dogs in heaven, and do angels have feathered wings?]
Yes, my daughter, there are dogs in heaven, dogs who are loved and wanted by their owners. Some owners are with their dogs and some (owners) will be later. There are some dogs who do not have their master yet and are waiting. Not every dog is there, only the loved and wanted dogs. They are better trained and all get along. For I know what makes you happy, and I know what you miss, and whether it is a lot or a little, I see it.
Yes, angels do have feathered wings when they appear in human form. They have majestic wings that are feathered and white like the Christmas snow when it has freshly fallen. Angels’ wings are often not correctly depicted. They are neither fluffy nor thin. They are graceful yet mighty, and they are strong yet gentle. And they are not like a bird’s wing, no; they are quite different. However, the bird’s wing would be a closer imitation than they way they are currently drawn. Also, angels are always dressed in robes when they appear and should never be drawn otherwise. They often have another piece of cloth crossing that, however, different kinds of angels have different clothes.
[What about Japan and Korea (both parts)?]
Japan will change greatly. The crises and injustice will be fixed and repaired. The corruption and the ill-treatment will end. Those who labour will be rewarded. The hierarchy of the family will be destroyed in both countries (Japan and Korea). Their traditions and religious beliefs will be corrected. Their country will be beautiful and will be governed by the just and humble. Poverty will vanish and it shall be rich with my mercy and love. The Japanese (who left) will be able to come home again, for the reason they left, whatever that may be, will be fixed.
The Koreans, the Japanese, the Chinese and all the other Asian countries will be able to peacefully be together and socialize freely, no matter their social level or age. The cultures will change and be unique, yet all together as Asia and as my people. The food in the cultures will be mostly the same, but any stories about the food will go; it will be the food given by their Father.
The Korean culture will also change in the same way; it will change its hierarchical structure and its religious rituals. Some symbols of its culture will be changed. It will flourish with flowers and plants, and it will be green and safe. The poverty will be fixed, and food shall be plentiful. Peace will come, and South and North will be one. The rulers will step down, and new, just rulers who are looking out for the people will reign. The country shall be blessed, and I will guide their country. I will show them the way and change their hearts.
The country will be proud (in a good way) . . . it will be beautiful, as it was meant to be . . . I will make it new again, and it will have beautiful towns and nature.
And yes, cars will exist but not used as much as they are now. One will not need a car, but those who want one can have one. The stores will be nearby, so one need not drive, but those who enjoy it may. But they will not speed, and the police system will change to be just.
My daughter, I love you. Soon brightness and day will come, but until then, I will guide you through the darkness, and I will show you the way.
The most popular song right now in the United States is Post Malone’s “Circles.” You can count me as a fan of the song as well.
I find Post Malone interesting, but sadly, I haven’t been able to find any other songs of his that I like. Mainly, I didn’t like the way he used the word “bitch” in so many of his other songs’ lyrics, because it struck me as misogynistic. I don’t think I would go so far as to say that Post Malone is misogynistic, though he may be, but from his lyrics it seems that he doesn’t understand women.
Now before you say that it is normal to not understand women, I will say that if a man wants to understand women, he will understand them, provided that his motives are noble and good. Provided his motives are noble and good, a man will understand women well enough. He’ll understand them well enough not to use the word “bitch” in his songs when referring to them.
But all of this isn’t what I was planning to say here. I brought up the song because it begins with the words “We couldn’t turn around ’til we were upside down.” I think that this phrase explains why God allows the coronavirus. He allows us to consider ourselves from another angle, as a way of asking us if we want to keep going the way we were going.
Now, I don’t presume to be the one charged with the responsibility of defending God, in the sense that I don’t want you to think that I see that as a role which I have exclusively. I think we are all supposed to try to understand God and try to empathize with him, as opposed to assuming that he’s big enough to take care of himself. I think we’re all part of God’s legal defence team.
God doesn’t want the suffering of humans, but sometimes he allows it because there’s no other way to stop something worse than earthly suffering. He has a broader view than we humans do. Our view is narrow and really quite short. We overemphasize the short term. God takes the long view, and the broader view. But don’t imagine that his view is so big that he can’t arrange things just for you. He is perfectly capable of making everything line up in such a way that you receive the messages / signals / signs / coincidences which you need in order to move towards doing the right thing. In other words, he can manage life for everyone all the time so that he controls the big picture while also looking out for you. God is big and small at the same time. It’s called a paradox. God is full of them, and if you like to read the writing of G.K. Chesterton, then you will agree with me that Chesterton was always pointing out paradoxes like that.
God doesn’t want the suffering of humans, so he didn’t make coronavirus to punish people. He loves people. He doesn’t want to see them suffer. What you can say though, is that he does sometimes allow things to go in a way which has, as one result, earthly suffering.
In the case of the virus, you can blame science. Don’t blame God or nature for making this disease. Don’t blame the innocent people selling or buying food at the markets in Wuhan or elsewhere. When the virus is over, I hope that we will all agree that not everything done in the name of science is acceptable. For too long, we have bowed at the altar of science, and looked to it for advice and solutions. But this pandemic is increasingly shining a light on science in general, and on what the Wuhan Institute of Virology was doing in particular. There are many similar problematic centres of science around the world, and they are doing what is immoral. (Thank God that the disease which is plaguing the world is only as powerful as it is. Half the people who get it have no symptoms. Many have mild symptoms, and many who have severe symptoms do not die. Young children are also safe.) Science must be regulated by sensible and honourable people to ensure that its aims are good. Too often scientists take advantage of the fact that the average person does not understand what is happening behind closed doors, and so they feel unaccountable for their choices. It is not necessary to have laboratories like Wuhan’s. You may say that they are necessary in order to study diseases, but I will say that the temptation to tinker and to do wrong is too great. People want power, in general, and the ability to spread disease is considered, by many very evil people, a nice power to have. Those who don’t have disease laboratories do other things to spread germs on purpose. Maybe you’ve seen the stories about that, about the groceries that needed to be discarded as a result. We view such people as despicable, yet at the same time, taxpayer funds are being given by powerful and prestigious people to other powerful and prestigious people who have similar aims: to cause human suffering or to increase their own power by being able to threaten human suffering.
In passing, did you not find it particularly creepy how Tedros Ghebreyesus, head of the World Health Organization, threatened that if President Trump did not want more body bags, then he should refrain from criticizing the World Health Organization? Trump has been an absolute disaster to watch, and part of that has been watching him try to find an enemy to blame for the abysmal American response to the virus. Nevertheless, I feel that in Ghebreyesus, he may have found someone deserving of blame. His “body bag” threat is creepy and he sounds like a bully.
I did not mean to mention Trump, particularly, but there you have it. I find that when I sit down to write a blog post, what comes out is not only what I meant to write about, but also a lot of other things that I’ve been thinking about.
What I primarily want to write about is this idea of turning around. The virus gives all of us a chance to reconsider everything about our lives. Some people will reconsider their life’s choices as they face the end of their life. And truly, as I write this, there are people dying, and many of them are wishing they had lived their lives differently. In that context, we must remember that the rest of us are given time, for now, to rethink things, as well as — and this is important — the opportunity to change things. This is a really big gift.
So this blog post is a sort of examination of conscience, you could say. For those who haven’t heard the expression “examination of conscience,” it’s a phrase which refers to the process of looking inward and asking yourself whether there is anything that nags on your conscience, or doesn’t sit well. What have you done wrong, according to your own conscience? An examination of conscience is about paying attention to “the little voice,” which has been telling you that you could be doing better. Please note that the voice of your conscience is not overly negative. It lists things, and identifies issues, but it doesn’t drag you down into the depths of despair and make you feel really worthless. That’s a different voice.
I say it’s “sort of” an examination of conscience, because I am planning to cover a wide range of topics, and I really don’t know how this will turn out. So perhaps a better name would be “Things to Think About.” Or even better, “Things to Think About While You’re Here.” And when I say, “While You’re Here,” I mean while you’re alive, not while you’re reading my blog. The blog post, after all, will end. It may not seem like it, but it will, eventually. Scroll down to see that what I say is true, if you don’t believe me. Mind you, your life will end too. So I guess they’re the same that way. But anyway…
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT WHILE YOU’RE HERE:
1. To make things easy, I will start big. Let’s talk about your choice of career. With the virus, we have divided careers into two groups: essential and non-essential. It’s not a bad starting point, but I suggest a different one: good and bad. There are some careers which are bad. I was initially going to use the word “immoral,” but the word “bad” is better, being a little less specific. You see, I wouldn’t call being a tattoo artist an immoral career, but I would call it bad. I would call it icky. We could go with that, actually: “Icky.” On the other hand, I see that it doesn’t work as well as “bad,” because there’s also the connotation with “gross” for the word “icky,” and many rather gross jobs are essential and therefore good. So let’s stick with “bad.” To get you started, I’ll name a few bad careers: thief, psychic, astrologist, tattoo artist, drug dealer, prostitute or Instagram-user posting bikini photos, abortionist, human trafficker. Some of you will say that if you didn’t engage in these things, then someone else would come along and do them. You are probably right, but I’m talking about you. God does not want YOU to be doing these things. If the others do not listen to his voice, then that is their responsibility. However, you must take responsibility for your own life and your own choices. Abandon careers which are bad.
2. Are you abusing your position? Sometimes people wrongly take advantage of their profession for selfish reasons, or they use the knowledge that they have gained through their profession to use it in twisted ways. For instance, it is not necessarily wrong to be a scientist, but if you use your position in order to cause harm, then you’ve changed your neutral or okay job into a bad one. Similarly, if you are a cosmetic surgeon, it is good to help restore people who have been disfigured by accident or fire, but it is not good to take advantage of people’s insecurity about their appearance or their narcissism to improve your finances. It is not wrong to be a politician, but you must use your power properly. The more power you have, the more careful you must be. However, even a person who has only a little bit of power must be careful with it. Sadly, I find that it is sometimes those with ‘small’ power who behave in the most petty and spiteful ways. Sometimes the ‘behind the scenes’ people want to prove that they actually control the universe. Thank God that they are not in charge of more than they are, because they are already acting like sick dictators, deliberately and capriciously inflicting pain just for their own amusement. So this is the second point: have you been using your role at work properly, or have been somehow abusing it, for example by using your status/position in order to put other people down? If you think that the temptation to continue to do wrong is too great, then it’s time to get out. Yes, other people will continue to abuse their position, but that’s not your concern. You must take responsibility for your own life and your own choices. Abandon careers which are bad for you.
3. Do you need to prioritize your children? Don’t blame your children for being “annoying.” They are not decorations or pets. They are just like you: human. And if you find them annoying, the problem is not that you are spending too much time with them now. The problem is that you did not spend enough time with them in the past. You don’t know each other well enough. You haven’t tried to know them well enough, and as a result, you find it difficult to empathize with them. You haven’t been there for them. You have been running away from them, finding other people to take care of them. You have been finding other people and objects to distract them so that you didn’t have to do the work of raising them. Stop treating them as “beneath” you, and don’t abuse your position, your control of the household or finances, or your larger size, because the truth is that you owe them more than they owe you. They deserve your love and your attention, no matter what. Furthermore, your children must take precedence over your community. It is not right for parents to value ‘saving the world’ above taking care of their own children. As a society, our praise always tends to go towards what is external and “manly,” doesn’t it? Who cares about the responsibilities or the sacrifices of the housewife? Not many. In any case, it is true that many of your friends aren’t prioritizing their children, but that is their responsibility. You must take responsibility for your own life and your own choices.
4. Do you need to homeschool your children? The virus has proven that much of what happens in school is nothing more than child care, and I use the word “care” in the most general sense. Many parents see now that they could homeschool their children, but the discussion should not really begin with the abilities of the parent. The discussion should begin with what your children need. Most, if not all, children are better off being taught at home. Public schooling is a failed social experiment. Despite the massive financial cost and despite the huge number of hours invested in it, the results in reading and writing (or math, though that doesn’t matter as much) are not impressive. Instead, the school system tends to foster listlessness, inaction, and an attitude of avoiding responsibility. You can do better than the teachers at school because you love your child, and you will be motivated to teach your child the basics, giving your child access to more advanced material when your child is ready for it. Yes, most parents don’t have a teaching degree, but in the first place, a teaching degree is not very practical or useful, and in the second place, you did not have or need a parenting degree before your child came into your life. You learned and adapted as the need arose, and the same would be true of home schooling; you will learn as you go. It is true that other people will send their children back to school, but that is not your concern. You must take responsibility for your own children, doing what is best for them.
5. Do you need to settle down? Maybe it’s time for you to stop partying and being promiscuous. What do you have to show for all the hours you spent partying? Is this how you want to continue? Is this the point of life? Nobody needs to go out every weekend. You can socialize in simpler, sober ways. Take a walk with your friend. Go to a cafe during the day. Enjoy the sunshine more, and the night lights less. You will meet enough people if you pursue an honest life of work and hobbies. You will make better choices of friends and partners if you take things more slowly and introduce your new friends to your family and your real life. Think about what you really want, and make the tough choices and sacrifices that will improve your chances. By this, I mean that if you want to find the love of your life, someone who is with you when both of you are old and surrounded by your children and grandchildren, then stop acting like all you want is a fling. Be intelligent. Have you seen those YouTube dating videos where people ask prospective partners some questions? I watched a fair number of them, and I was really amazed at how stupid the questions were. Who is making these questions? It’s crazy: you have twenty questions to narrow the field, and you’re wasting them asking about favourite places to go for a date? This is what you want to know:
1) Have you ever been married? 2) If yes, was your marriage annulled or did your former spouse die? 3) Do you have children? 4) If yes, who takes care of them? 5) Do you want children? 6) Are you religious/atheist/”agnostic”? 7) Explain. 8) How old are you? 9) What is your educational background? 10) What is your current occupation? 11) What do you want to change about your life? 12) Tell me about your family. 13) Has anyone ever accused you of being addicted to alcohol, drugs, gambling, etc.? That’s off the top of my head, as rather obvious things to find out. I would say those questions should be answered on the first or second date. Don’t you deserve to know? Life is short. If you have more time than that, you can ask some more questions: 14) What do you think of Trump, the Kardashians, Meghan Markle and Harry, Pope Francis? (There aren’t really any correct answers here; what you’re looking for is a thought process which impresses you on some level, as well as his/her ability to communicate these thoughts.) 15) What do you think about birth control, abortion, and euthanasia? 16) What do you think about immigration? 17) What do you think about women’s rights and feminism? 18) Tell me about your past relationships. 19) What are your life goals? 20) Are you in good (physical and mental) health? These questions aim to confront, or at least peek at, the big issues which will not disappear over time. You might as well know where the potential obstacles are if you are choosing a life partner. My point is that there is a proper way to proceed, and it is through conversation. Ideally, the conversation should take place in a public place during the daytime. You can clearly see each other, and you will both be safe. You will be able to hear each other. The current system, of choosing a partner over the internet, or in a crowded, dark, and noisy place, is not good. So if you want to settle down, change your practices to improve your odds of finding the right person. If you don’t want to settle down, then don’t be romantic with anyone, period. I can’t emphasize this enough. It is simply not acceptable to flirt or do anything of that kind when you are not looking for a spouse. It leads to problems and pain. If you’re not looking for commitment, stop looking.
6. Do you know what you want? Are you aimlessly looking for pleasure and distraction? You know that this is not how you are meant to spend your life. Life is a gift, and time is precious. If you don’t know what you want out of life, then I will start you off by saying that everyone is called, by God, to one of three different vocations: 1) married life, 2) religious life, 3) single life. Married life is for people who want to settle down with another person and raise a family. Religious life is for people who don’t want to get married, but would like to be part of a religious community to serve God, as a priest, brother or sister. Single life is for people who don’t want to get married, and don’t want to be part of a religious community, but want to help people. All of the vocations involve following God’s will, and all of them involve serving other people. It is unfortunate to see people choosing the wrong vocation. I have seen many instances, and the result is that the person really struggles. In any case, there are three different vocations, and it is important to think about these different types. God will generally give very large hints about your real vocation, and generally, the vocation which seems the most appealing is the one that is meant for you. So if you don’t feel that finding a life partner is the route you want to go, then perhaps the reason is because you were never meant to be married. Perhaps you are meant to be part of a religious community, as strange as that may seem to you right now. Or perhaps you are meant to devote yourself full-heartedly to politics or medicine or working with the poor. Most people are meant to be married, and if the thought of “never meant to be married” makes you feel kind of sad, then probably married life will be your way, but it’s not the right time for you yet, and you should focus on your education or work or hobbies and your friendships for a little longer. In the same way, some young men and women who are meant to later join a religious community cannot join just yet; they also should focus on their education or hobbies, etc for now. Ultimately, everyone is meant to spend life in a wholesome way which is pleasing to God. Don’t judge a life by how much attention it receives in the world of internet approval. Some of the very best lives are quite hidden. The key thing is that you should live an honest, wholesome life that is suited to the phase of life that you’re in. The good life of a mother isn’t going to look the same as the good life of a 10-year old boy or the good life of a retired grandfather or priest. So the goal is to live out your vocation honestly and properly, in such a way that when you are on your deathbed, you can say that you did your best.
7. Do you need to chase money or fame as much as you do? As a group, American celebrities have shown themselves in a very negative light during the pandemic. They have shown that they have very, very, little to offer. During a time of great anguish and suffering, far too many celebrities want only one thing: attention for themselves. Their selfishness and self-absorption was previously obscured, because hedonism was everywhere. Now, however, many people have lost family members or friends to the illness. People are also very frightened of becoming sick or losing their jobs, businesses or homes. Some have already lost these things. Many people are going to work even though they are scared of catching the virus. In a world of heightened suffering, the lives and concerns of the celebrities are pathetically out of touch with the reality of the majority. Even those celebrities who offer a donation (in an amount which sounds impressive, but which is a small fraction of their assets) to a worthy cause are generally not doing it selflessly; we hear about their donations in the media, sometimes through their own media feeds. The current situation also highlights how their success has depended on an apparatus of talented people around them. Most of them need the writers, the set designers, the agents, the publicists, the directors, the cameramen, the videographers, the make-up artists, the hairdressers, the producers, and the paparazzi, though they pretend to disdain the latter. Without these helpers, most of these celebrities lolling around in their homes are really quite boring. They cannot manage daily life as well as the rest of us. They cannot cook or clean for themselves or organize their day. They don’t know what to do with themselves, and they seem utterly lost. It’s because their spare time used to be filled with strategically socializing, dining in restaurants, and being photographed wearing the latest fashions. As a society, I hope that we can address our preoccupation with these famous people. They are not really adding anything to our lives, and for their sake, actually, they should not view their lives as worthy of so much attention. I am pessimistic that we will change in any significant way, because the habit of checking Instagram and Twitter and so on is very ingrained in us, but I’ll ask anyway: do you need to be following all of the celebrities and influencers that you follow? Are they making your life better? Will their influence on you, going forward, help make you a better person?
8. Do you need to worry about your appearance as much as you do? I am truly happy for the women of the world who are now rediscovering what it feels like to have that child-like disregard for personal beauty. We were headed in a crazy direction. Fake nails, fake hair, fake eyelashes, fake tans, uncomfortable undergarments, uncomfortable shoes, uncomfortable jewelry, dyed hair, plumped-up skin, layers upon layers of make-up — this is all a type of insanity, really. How much of this do you need? Do you want to continue like this? You will grow older without even knowing the colour of your own hair. Your natural appearance is part of who you are. You know, whenever I look at those before-and-after photographs, where the woman is covered with make up for the ‘after’ photo, I always, always, find that the ‘before’ photo is someone far more relatable, approachable, and sweet. The ‘After’ woman looks harsher and colder. Some women completely transform themselves into a different person. Is that how you want to live your life? Isn’t it difficult to maintain? You put yourself into a prison and a cycle when you alter your appearance like that. I would hope that women would allow themselves to be more natural. We don’t really need the beauty industry. They have so many devious ways to make us feel badly about our appearance; they have their scare tactics and they have their false promises. All they want is women’s hard-earned money. I hope that you can believe that you don’t need all of that. If you must, hang on to a little bit of lip colour and a cream or two, but stash away all of the other stuff, if you aren’t brave enough to just pitch it.
9. Are you communicating enough with those around you? As a society, we had moved, with astonishing speed, away from in-person interactions to virtual interactions. Now the virus has taken away what we were neglecting, the in-person interactions. This is interesting. The virtual interactions are different; they tend to be quick and quite shallow. For one thing, it’s easy to step away from a conversation which is getting more difficult. It’s easy to avoid answering that email or text. So is that how we want to live? Do we want to always skim the surface of our connections with other people? There are some really important conversations which aren’t happening, and we are becoming further apart, fooling ourselves into thinking we are connecting because we are always reachable through our phones. Maybe it’s time to see that we had things wrong, and I know that now many families and spouses are finally discovering that there have been massive gaps in communication. How well do you know the people in your own home? How long has it been since you’ve really been open with your spouse? Now is the time for honest dialogue: “I get frustrated when” “I am scared of” “I need” “I want” “I like” “I dislike” “Do you love me?” I hope we can experience the conversations and the sharing. For a while now, I have been saying, don’t delay. You see how some people are taken into hospital, and it’s really the end for them. They do not see their family members ever again, and when the cell phone rings, it will be unanswered. Isn’t now the time to say what we really should say? Or will we separate like this?
10. And what about prayer? Maybe the word itself, “prayer” seems foreign to you. Does it seem awkward? Maybe it does. That’s okay. Don’t let it stop you. Nobody has to know that you pray sometimes. You probably do other things that you wouldn’t want to have broadcast to the world. And it would be better to get a little practice on the praying front now, so that you’ll be ready when it’s your turn to go. Trust me, when it’s your time to go, prayer won’t seem like such a bad idea. So how about a meet-and-greet, just to get prepared? Think of Mary as your mother, or the mother you never had. This is the Hail Mary. It’s quite short: “Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.” See? I could have substituted the “thou” (=you) and the “thy” (=your), but I’m used to it the old-fashioned way. And you already know the Our Father, right? “Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.” But it doesn’t even have to be like that. You might feel uncomfortable or hypocritical to pray, even though you shouldn’t. So you can do something really simple, really casual. Go like this: “Hi God.” And you can insert an awkward pause, if you like. Then you can say, just really quickly, before you even have a chance to think about it too much: “Thank you for giving me another day to live. Please help me do better tomorrow.”
My daughter, I have not forgotten; I remember and I will not let you trust in me and be disappointed. I always tell my children to trust. I always want them to. I gave promises to Abraham, Moses, and many of the prophets and people in the Bible, and I asked them to trust, and all of their promises were fulfilled.
My daughter, I did not leave them to be humiliated or neglected. I gave a child to Abraham, and later, I tested his faith yet again. And I did not let Abraham’s trust not have reward. I said to Noah that a flood would come, and I instructed him to build an ark. He built an ark when there was no sign of rain, in trust, and my words were fulfilled. Mary, your Mother, mother of the Church — she also believed. She said, “Let it be done according to thy word.” And the Word was made flesh. I will never leave you when you come to me and trust in me.
. . .
Trust in me. Trust in my love for you and my people; trust in my mercy. I show you my love. Do not disregard it and pretend I do not. My love is all around — in the moon and in the sun, in the stars and in the sky, in the sunset and the sunrise, in the mountain and in the valley, and in the rainbows and in the waterfalls. All around is my love.